Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

Well a lot of new things happened this change!!! First off, I got changed to a new area!!  I am now in Tipitapa, Tipitapa!!! And I have a new companion too. Elder B from Guatemala. He has 4 months in the mission and is kind of new to the way the mission works and will be needing a bit of help getting out of some bad habits he has created so far in the mission. I will be working with him a lot this change to better his teaching skills and his working habits. I am very excited to be here and very excited to start working with the people here. It is really hard to start off in a new area because I don't know the area and get lost really easily and I don't know anyone, especially the recent converts and where they all live. I'm working on it though! Working hard and all to better my memory of where people live and how to get to their houses, where the best food place is, where the cheapest food place is, where the best computer lab is, etc. This new area of Tipitapa was recently made into a new zone so there is a lot of work here to do. We have about 200 members in our Branch and about all of them go each Sunday. We have about 37 Recent Converts that all go to church except a few of them. The area is really big and its really hard to have visits on one side and be on the other side and have to run over there. So I really working hard to fix my area and to fix my comp.

“Most of you are mothers, and very many of you are grandmothers and even great-grandmothers. You have walked the sometimes painful, sometimes joyous path of parenthood. You have walked hand in hand with God in the great process of bringing children into the world that they might experience this estate along the road of immortality and eternal life. It has not been easy rearing a family. Most of you have had to sacrifice and skimp and labor night and day. As I think of you and your circumstances, I think of the words of Anne Campbell, who wrote as she looked upon her children:

You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
(“To My Child,” quoted in Charles L. Wallis, ed., The Treasure Chest [1965], 54)

You [mothers] are the real builders of the nation wherever you live, for you have created homes of strength and peace and security. These become the very sinew of any nation.” Gordon B. Hinckley

¡¡¡Les Amo Mucho!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment