Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013

Well this week went by fast, as usual. This week many things were able to happen. We are going to be moving out of our house and moving into a new one that we found that other week. It seems like by the time i get back home, I'll have moved just about as many times as I did before I left on the mish. Good thing I got some good practice before the mish so it wouldn't be so hard to move on the mish. Thanks Dad ;) Love you!!

Well this week, we didn't really do that much other than walk all around Tipitapa, talk to alot of people, teach alot of people, etc. One day, we showed up to visit Elker and Marisela, and they weren't talking to each other. I was super sad to see that after they had overcome their poor money situation, their sicknesses, that now they couldn't handle alittle family problem. So i went outside to talk to Marisela, she didn't want to come inside. We talked for a bit about what was going on and talked about the things that the Lord has helped them get through. She was able to understand that if she trusted God in his commandments and did what she needed to do, that things would be alright, she just didn't want to live with the problems and wanted to give up right away. I then talked to Elker and he seemed about the same way except that he wanted to help his wife as much as he could but she wasn't letting him. I talked to him about the blessings that they have received and how they would be able to get help from God if they trusted in him. The next day, Elder Estes called me and told me that he saw them walking together and that they were holding hands. I talked to them on Saturday and everything is better now, its not the same but when we change, things are never the same.

We also taught Orlando and Anna this week. We taught them about Baptism and the power of God or the Priesthood. We taught them that even though they had been baptized in other churches that it wasn't valid before the eyes of God unless it was done through this priesthood. Orlando looked at me and said that even if he got baptized 1,000 times, it wouldn't count unless by this priesthood, and I testified to him that he was exactly right. We then both invited them to be baptised and they both agreed. It was alittle sad though because this week, they went to the Catholic church instead of going with us. They have prayed and asked God if the things we are teaching them are true and they have gotten their answer. They both have told me that they know these things are true. But it seems that they are afraid to leave from family traditions... that's something alot harder to teach than baptism. Telling someone to uproot themselves from something that they are used to is really hard but through the faith in God, it is possible and we can receive more blessings than we can imagine. But the hard part is taking the first step into the darkness, testing that faith that we have. That is what this family needs.

Things are going swellingly here in the work of the Lord!!! Just like the US, everyone here celebrate Christmas way before the month of December. Ive seem so many Christmas trees in my area in the past 3 days. Makes me think of home, I havent yet heard the Christmas music but I wouldnt doubt that its being played too :) But dont forget, Thanksgiving comes before Christmas, make sure to celebrate that first ;) Love you guys!!

''There are times when the only way to get from A to C is by way of B. Having grown up in Southern Utah and enjoying all the wonders and beauties of Southern Utah and Northern Arizona, I wanted to introduce my son to that, and I wanted to show him places that I had seen and enjoyed when I was his age, so his mother packed a little lunch for us and we took his grandfather's pickup truck and headed South onto what we call the Old Arizona Strip. Noting that the Sun was going down we decided we better get back. But we came back to a particular fork in the road, really the only one, that at that point was absolutely unrecognizable. I asked my son to pray about which road to take, and he felt strongly that we should go to the right, and I did as well, and we went to the right and it was a dead end. We went four or five or six hundred yards and it was an absolute dead-end, clearly the wrong road. We turned around, came back out, took the other road and clearly the road to the left was the correct road. Somewhere along the way Matt said, "Dad, why did we feel, after praying about it, that the right road was the proper one to take, the correct one to take, and it wasn't?" And I said, "I think that the Lord, His wish for us there, and his answer to our prayer was to get us on the right road as quickly as possible with some reassurance, with some understanding, that we were on the right road and we didn't have to worry about it, and in this case, the easiest way to do that was to let us go 400 yards or 500 yards on the wrong road, and very quickly know, without a doubt, that it was the wrong road, and therefore with equal certainty with equal conviction that the other one was the right road." I have absolute certain knowledge, perfect knowledge, that God loves us. He is good, He is our Father, and He expects us to pray, and trust, and be believing, and not give up, and not panic, and not retreat, and not jump ship, when something doesn't seem to be going just right. We stay in, we keep working, we keep believing, keep trusting, following that same path and we will live to fall in His arms and feel His embrace and hear Him say, "I told you that it'd be okay, I told you it would be all right."
--Elder Holland

¡¡¡Les Amo MUCHO!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment