Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

So many of you have probably heard about the earthquakes that are going on here in Nicaragua and over other parts of the world. Well I have felt several trembles over the past couple weeks but nothing too bad. A lot of the ones that happened, I didn't even feel them due to the distance I am from the epicenters. There have been a lot happening Managua. From what I have been informed is that there is no real damage right now but that we need to be alert. Everything is going well here in Nicaragua and due to these latest events, it gives us more chances to help people prepare for the Second Coming of the Lord. Acorrding to scripture, these types of things will happen when the Lord is soon at hand.

This week wasn't all that eventful except for the earth slightly moving. We were sitting outside someones house and I was on the phone with L, remember him?! Well he felt the moving before me and told me over the phone, I felt it almost the moment he said it and it was really weird. I don't know how many of you have felt an earthquake, but it's something amazing to see, feel, and hear how the earth's plates are moving. It's kinda scary at the same time but the feeling is something you don't feel every day, or want to feel every day that is...

Another notice!!! Pres Q (Stake Pres) is home! He has been working on the other side of Nicaragua for the past month or so and he came back yesterday, We don't know if he will be here to stay but his help is key in the Wards and in the Stake. I hope things can get a little better here in Chichigalpa.

Side note, this morning, we went to the church and made breakfast in the church kitchen!! Super rare that we do that!!! We made French Toast and Eggs!!! I haven't had French Toast FOREVER!!!! It was soooo good!! I wish we had a kitchen in the house. Even though I love the food here, it's always good to make a nice home cooked meal!!

´´Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is hope and happiness ahead´´
--Jeffery R. Holland

¡¡¡Les AMO Mucho!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment