Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

Ok well my comp just tried to scare me just now. He took my backpack that had all my stuff in it while we were sitting here in the cyber and hid it. My backpack has my iPod, cords, camera, usb with all my photos, headphones, wallet, money, etc. I  just about died when I couldn't find it. It took me about 10 mins to find out that my comp had hid it and I just about killed him. Well now that's over, lets see if I have the will to write about what happened this week!! And I figure right now I will apologize to those that I haven't written back or haven't written in a while. Its just that I don't have all the time in the world here nor the money to be in the cyber long enough to write every single person every Monday. I will be trying my best to write those that I haven't gotten to. If I take awhile to write back, its because I'm working hard and the people of Nicaragua need me. I do miss all of you, I'm not ignoring your letters, I'm just putting them off to the side until I have time to get to them.

So lets start with the oldest news and move up from there. So on Wednesday, we went to Managua and had a Farewell for the Mission Pres. He leaves this Saturday so all the missionaries got together and we had a meeting where we gave him gifts, watch little videos of photos that people had put together, listened to the Pres and his wife talk and then we all said goodbye. It was pretty cool and we are going to miss Pres Arredondo. He has served his calling and the Lord needs him in another place right now.

On Saturday, we were able to baptize another family into La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. This family had been  listening to the missionaries for a long time so when we showed up, we just asked them what else they needed to know before they got baptized. They had no doubts and had been going to church for awhile now. So Saturday morning, we filled the font, and set up the church for their marriage and their baptism. It went really awesome and they were super excited to finally be able to get married and baptized.

On Sunday, we had the chance after church to baptize yet another family into the church. This family is a miracle to me. This past week we have been teaching this family and helping them get ready to be baptized next week. On Thursday, we taught them and they didn't seem to want anything from us. The next day, Friday, we taught them again and they didn't pay any attention to anything we said to them in the 40 minute lesson. After we had asked them what they had learned and if they had any questions an they said they didn't learn anything and that they had no real desire to know anything from us. The husband in this family is the son of the family we baptized 2 weeks ago. He is 20 yrs old and his wife is 15. It didn't help that she is so young and still acts like a small child but neither of them really wanted anything. So we dropped out hope of baptising them. Well the next day, we passed by to talk to the sons parents, who we baptised 2 weeks ago, and this family happened to be home at a time that they normally aren't there. So my comp started to talk to them because they didn't want to talk to me at all. I had slightly offended the 15 yr old wife the night before during our lesson and she was quite angry with me. Well my comp turns to me after talking to me and says that they want to get baptized Sunday after church at 3pm. I was shocked and really confused that this family after not wanting anything at all, wanted to be baptized and start following the Lord. Well after church and after the baptism, I sat the wife down and I asked her what had changed her mind. She said that her husbands family had talked with the 2 of them about the church, about how it is the right path to follow, how much the Lord has blessed them in the church, and how much they wanted that they could be able to receive the same blessings and feel the same spirit that they had. They were able to do what we couldn't do. They had taught them the things that they needed to hear about the church and that information and testimony touched their hearts and they decided to take the first step and that was to be baptized. The Lord really worked a huge miracle with this family and I'm so happy that I had the chance to be a part of it.

Now to blend into this next part, I'm sure just about all of you have heard of the new changes that are coming concerning the mission and the way the church is going about working to bring more people into the church. Sunday, there was a world wide broadcast about this. Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to go to it but I have heard alot about it. I don't know that much to tell you details but I do know that the Lord is hastening His work!!!

“We work together in faith and unity, faith that the Lord will guide our steps and unity with each other and the missionaries, always motivated by our love for Him, our love for one another, and our love for those we serve.”
—Elder Neil L. Andersen

¡¡¡¡Les Amo Mucho!!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment