Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

Well we had another miralce happen here in Tipitapa. We had the chance to baptize yet another family. If my count is correct, we have baptized 10 weeks in a row. Each and every one of these families have been awesome and I have experienced miracle with all of them. Each of them had their different struggles and their different trials that we and the Lord helped them get through, not only making them stronger but making our faith grow as misisonaries and them as new members of the church. With the amount of success we are having, the Mission President has invited my comp and I to one of the leadership meetings and he wants us to teach everyone how we are able to have so much success.

The days are starting to fly by faster and faster now. I sit back and think about the days and what I have been doing and wonder why the time seems to slip through my fingers. It also makes me think about what I am doing with my time. I do catch myself sometimes sitting around when I could be studying or out working and I am really trying my best to always keep myself busy in the Work. But it also makes me think about the people that I could be missing in that time that Im not using. It makes me think about all the oppurtunities that I could be missing to change someones life or to bring them closer to the gospel. As I get closer to completing a year in the mission, I want to start to buff out the rough spots in the way I work and the way that I use my time and my energy. I want to strive to be my best and to follow the counsel of my leaders and the Lord.

''The poor use of time is a close cousin of idleness. As we follow the command to “cease to be idle” (D&C 88:124), we must be sure that being busy also equates to being productive. For example, it is wonderful to have the means of instant communication quite literally at our fingertips, but let us be sure that we do not become compulsive fingertip communicators. I sense that some are trapped in a new time-consuming addiction—one that enslaves us to be constantly checking and sending social messages and thus giving the false impression of being busy and productive.''
---IAN S. ARDERN Of the Seventy

¡¡¡Les Amo Mucho!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment