Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

Ok friends and family!! A new month is starting and I believe that a new path is going to open for me and the work of the Lord. I will be receiving changes here pretty soon tonight and maybe if your all lucky, I will get them while I am writing this email. I'm pretty sure that I have changes so I'm sure that I will be headed off to a new field, all white, all ready to harvest!!!

Well lets start with my week and how it went!! So the mission office called us the other day and told us that we need to move out of our house where the 6 missionaries of Tipitapa are living and we need to find a new one. So we have spent almost all of our week looking for a new house that we will be moving into. Or the new missionaries that coming in anyways... Also we happened to have a meeting in Matagalpa again with Elder Ochoa of the Seventy. Here are some of the teaching that we received.

Some of the last but yet most important things that we learned during the meeting were about the enemies of Faith. Faith is something that we need to have to grow, to take the steps needed to progress in the Gospel. But there are enemies that fight against our ability to have this Faith. These enemies are Doubt, Excuse, Pride, Fear, and Disappointment. 5 small things that can tear our Faith apart. In 3 Nephi 11:10-11 it tells us where we need to put our Faith.  10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.

 11 And behold, I am the alight and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter bcup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in ctaking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the dwill of the Father in all things from the beginning.

We also learned about the tings we need to have to be a missionary.
1. One with Christ
John 14:12
3 Nephi 11:21-29

2. One with your companion
John 17:20-22

3. One with the Bishop
Preach my Gospel pg. 218

4. Focused
Invite other to come unto Christ...

5. Take Responsibility
Alma 42:22

6. Listen and Bless
Preach my Gospel pg. 4

7. Gain a Perfect Faith
2 Tim. 1:7
1 John 4:18
Ether 12:14
D&C 3:7-8
D&C 67:3

Reading the scriptures, listening to the Mission Pres, the Prophets, and learning from your companion can help you to gain the Perfect Faith.

These scriptures will give you a good idea on what the topic is. I challenge you all to look them up and see how they can help you during your life.

So I just got the call for changes. My comp and I have changes!! But I'm not going too far! I get to be comps with my District Leader, Elder B. And I get to be in the other area of Tipitapa!! The Lord must want me to do something here in Tipitapa. I'm excited to start working hard with my new comp and being able to help all the people I can to come unto Christ!!!

“Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best—better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His. We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable.” 
― Neal A. Maxwell

﹛‥es Amo Mucho!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment