Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013

Well another week has gone by here in Tipitapa. Currently I have about 7 and a half months here. Some may say its a long time and it is but there are some other missionaries that have more than a year in the same area. So I'm taking the time I have here and I'm making the best of it!!!

So during the week we did a few things I guess. We started teaching E and M's daughter, N and we put a baptismal date with her for the 28th of Dec. E is really excited because he will be able to baptize her when the date comes.

During the week, I went to visit some of the recent converts in my old area to see how they were doing and to remind them to go to church. The Hermanas had asked me to do it so I did. They also asked me to visit a lady that they were teaching to see if I could get her to commit to baptism. So I went to visit and she accepted us really friendly like and we started to talk and I invited her to be baptised. She told me that she was going to do it, but just not right now. She promised me that she was going to be baptised but she just didnt want to make that decision right now. I did all I could but I ended up asking her to at least pray and ask the Lord what she should do.. Wanna know what she told me? She told me she just doesnt want to pray at the moment. She feels that when she actually wants to pray or be baptised that she can just do it whenever she wants. When I asked her to pray, she sat back, thought for a bit and told me that she wants to wait but she reassured me that she will do it, just not now.... Weird lesson and I dont know how she is ever going to progress in the gospel if she doesnt pray or get baptised.

So we had a surprise meeting with Pres Collado on Friday. He came and talked to us about our areas and how we can become better and working with the members and such. It was really cool and I learned alot from it. He then pulled me aside after the meeting and asked me why I havent been baptising... :/ He wanted to know how in the past I used to baptise alot and now how I havent baptised since the end of Oct... And truely I have no idea why...

Well on saturday, we went to Loma Verde, another area in Tipitapa and did what we did last week in Ciudadela, visited less actives and recent converts and reminded them of the Branch Conference that was yesterday in Loma Verde. Yesterday in church, we were able to bring 7 people!!! We brought a family as well that we are teaching that we really want to baptise!!!

Things in Tipitapa are going really well and I am loving my time with Elder Q. He is such an awesome kid and he helps me every day to be better and work harder!!!

''Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. The spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than things. To catch the real meaning of the “spirit of Christmas,” we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the “Spirit of Christ.”''
--Pres. Thomas S. Monson

¡¡¡LES AMO MUCHO!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment