Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Ok lets start from the beginning... Last monday, you already know that I was in the office of the mission because I was getting a new comp, Elder P, who was my comp for a week. We worked hard that week and did our very best to get things done. But it is pretty hard to keep things going in your area when you keep getting new people that dont know what is going on and where everything is at. Its like trying to teach someone to do the job of 6 weeks in one. It doesnt work the best.

Well I got good news this past week. I am training a new missionary!!! His name is Elder Q. I hope that helps you pronounce it :) He is from Guatemala and is fresh from the MTC. He is always ready to get out and get going. Since the MTC, where he taught false people, he just wanted to leave to get teaching the real people and helping them progress!! He has this desire to work that very few missionaries have. It helps that he is new because his motive to work helps me want to work even harder to help him see success in his mission while he is with me.

Well last monday, I went to Managua where I receive training on how to train the new missionary. That night I spend the night in Managua with the Secretaries of the mission. In the morning on tuesday, I left to Pres Collado's house where I met my son, thats what we call the missionaries that we are training. There were only 2 new Elders that had come this change. My comp and another that you can see in the photo that I sent home. Due to the age change, the sisters are coming to our mission more than Elders. We had about 15 new Sisters come from Mexico, Guatemala, and Panama, I think... Well after I got back to my area that night, I got a call that they needed my help in Managua the next day. So I left my comp with an Elder that is a really hard worker and I went to Managua with Elder R, another gringo, to translate for a bunch of dentists and doctors that came down to Nicaragua to do all the dental work and exams that the future missionaries of Nicaragua need. So I went and was helping in the check up room where they were doing the basic clean and exam to see what needs to be done. About 10 mins later, they called me to go help Dr Porter and his wife up in Oral Surgery... I didnt nkow what I was getting myself into until I walked in the room. It was super cold because all the gringos had the A/C pumped to the highest setting and all the Nicaraguenses were dying of the cold. I dont know how many of you have had your wisdom teeth taken out, but Im sure they probably put you to sleep when they did it. Well I got to watch all of that stuff that you dont see while you are asleep. I saw alot of people from Villa Flor that were there to get stuff done. One kid, was getting his top 2 wisdom teeth out and was really anxious. He was moving alot and when they took the last one out, he accidently swallowed it.... The doctor was freaking out because noone has ever swallowed a tooth in the 23 years he has as a doctor. Well thats a first for him. Well 2 mins after, the kid threw the tooth up so things were ok. :) That was something that I wont forget. After all of that, I went back home and Ive been with my comp all week. So we have this new week together and we hope to work super hard!!! Love you guys!!!

“The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.”
– Confucius

¡¡¡Les Amo MUCHO!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment