Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Well this past week was super awesome!! We taught so many people and found so many new investigators!! By the end of the week, we were teaching about 8 families!! But then the bad news came.... We both had changes!! In fact, all 4 of us in Chichigalpa had changes! They are putting 4 really really new people in there so they get train them. So we all go shipped to different places!! I am now in Nagarote, that is part of the zone Leon. I had to take a 2 hour bus ride to the area where my new comp picked me up. His name is Elder A and he is from British Colombia, Canada. He has about 19 months in the mission. He seems really cool, kinda shy at times but when he wants to express himself, he does it!!! He will be a great comp to be with for the last 6 weeks of my mission.

I was hoping to finish my mission in Chichigalpa but the Lord knows what I need so He sent me to Nagarote. In the pictures I sent home, they are of the Center Park here in the city. The people here take pride in this park and keep it SUPER clean!!! There are guards that walk around and make sure that no one makes it dirty! The streets are really decorated and nicely paved. The city of Nagarote are well known for their Quesillo. It is a dish typically made from a thick corn tortilla wrapped around soft cheese, pickled onions, and a sauce of sour cream or liquid cheese and vinegar. Sounds really good right?! I'm not sure whether or not i will try one while I am here but we shall see. The statue of the lady is suppose to symbolize how they sell so much of it here. They will walk around with the tray and sell it anywhere anytime.

This past Sunday, C and his wife went to church. They have been going through some hard times due to the baby and how he keeps getting really sick. He has been throwing up and had fevers and such things that a 25 day old baby shouldn't have. They were really worried about him but they were able to church at night yesterday. C loved it and his wife loved how big the church was. She told me that she would love a house as big as the church!! I feel bad that we have to leave them but the new Sister missionaries that will be coming in our place will have an awesome family to work with!!

On Saturday, we also had an awesome chance to help the bishop to paint his living room. He had painted the outside of his house and we offered our help so we showed up, he gave us breakfast, and we painted all morning. It went really well and the bishop loved it. And even better is that I taught the class on service on Sunday the next day! I shared about our trips to Mexico as well. I love being able to talk about how much service really works because Ive seen it!! These 2 years are a huge service that I'm going to miss doing 24/7.

So this will be my last area in the 45 days or so that I have left. I hope the make the best out of it and make sure that I leave here with having done something good!! I want to be able to go home and look back on what Ive done and be proud of it and not regretful. I'm trying to become better each day, not only in teaching as a missionary, but also as a son of God. That's something we always need to be doing, not just every once in awhile. I hope we all try to become a little better each and everyday!!

“Each of us is under a divinely spoken obligation to reach out with pardon and mercy and to forgive one another. There is a great need for this Christlike attribute in our families, in our marriages, in our wards and stakes, in our communities, and in our nations.

We will receive the joy of forgiveness in our own lives when we are willing to extend that joy freely to others. Lip service is not enough. We need to purge our hearts and minds of feelings and thoughts of bitterness and let the light and the love of Christ enter in. As a result, the Spirit of the Lord will fill our souls with the joy accompanying divine peace of conscience.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

¡¡¡Les Amo Mucho!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment