Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013


OK!!!! Now for aquick updatefromElderDaughertyon the crappycomputerhe hasto use. Im going to leave that sentence like that so that you guys can see how crappy it really is.....

So we had a baptism!!! His name is M and he is super cool!!! So remember the family I talked about last week? Well we were able to marry them on Saturday and baptize one of them. We had such a long, complicated, awesome day with them. Its a long story that I would love to tell but I lack time and a better computer. So we just finished the Conference weekend. And Unfortunately, I was not able to watch many of the sessions. I was able to watch most of the Priesthood Session and most of the Sunday Sessions but not as much as I would like. And its still hard for me to understand Spanish at times. When the speakers were talking about the Gospel, I understood pretty well,but as soon as they start with stories,my understanding drops dramatically. I'm working really hard to better my understanding of the outside world Spanish and how I can use it but it is still a lot of work. So I am downloading the talks so that I can listen and study them later in English. I hope all of you enjoyed Conference and learned from it. I wanna know that you all learned!! I love that we have the chance to listen the the prophet every 6 months and to hear the word of the Lord and what he wants from us.He is able to tell us what we need to improve on and what we need to be doing to help ourselves and those around us. We know that a prophet is called of God and that he is able to help us go in the way that the Lord wants us to go. He helps us become closer to God and Jesus Christ through his teachings and though the Atonement of the Lord. He shows us how we can use it to better our lives and souls.

''The same priesthood power that created worlds, galaxies, and the universe can and should be part of our lives to succor, strengthen, and bless our families, our friends, and our neighbors—in other words, to do the things that the Savior would do if He were ministering among us today. And the primary purpose of this priesthood power is to bless, sanctify, and purify us so we can live together with our families in the presence of heavenly parents, bound by priesthood sealings, participating in the marvelous work of God and Jesus Christ in forever expanding Their light and glory.''

--Elder M. Russell Ballard

¡¡¡Les Quiero MUCHO!!!

ELDER DAUGHERTY

No comments:

Post a Comment