Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013

Well this week was pretty sick, literally. On Tuesday, my comp started to feel sick with a cough and headaches. We worked all day and later that night, he crashed in bed coughing, stuffy nose, and more headaches. The next morning, Wednesday, it was the same. But as the day went on, he got worse. He started to get a fever, diarrhea, vomiting, and pain in all of his body.  We had to stay in the house all day to let him rest. Well that night, I started to get a cough. Not a real big one, just small and meaningless. Or that's what I thought. The next morning, I woke up not feeling the best. We went through out our day but at about 2 pm, I passed through everything my comp went through in a few hours. We had to rest at the house all day so I could relax. Right now, I am still struggling with a little bit of the cough that is lingering but that's about it. My comp is all better now and teases me that I still have part of the sickness that he gave to me. He also passed it to all the other missionaries that are living in the house with us. We are just about done with this sickness and hopefully we can feel a lot better this week. But despite the fact that we all got sick this week, it doesn't stop us from doing the Lords work here in Tipitapa. Yesterday, we were able to baptize a family. They are an older couple but super cool!! The husband has a huge knowledge of the gospel and his wife has a huge faith that I have never seen before. The husband is 73 yrs old and his wife is 57. They have a ton of kids and she currently is 4 months pregnant with another one. They have a huge testimony of the family being together forever and the plan of salvation. I love how the Lord has helped us to help others here in Nicaragua. I'm happy to have the chance to be here and to preach His word.

On other news, remember my recent convert that was waiting to have her baby? Well she had him! On Saturday at 1 in the morning, they opened her up and she now has a little baby boy named Jordan Alejandro Diaz Gutierrez. It is so cool to be with their whole family who have recently been baptized and have this experience of bringing a new life into the family. A little baby straight from the arms of the Lord. I sent some photos that I took yesterday while we were visiting their house after church. With my sickness, I was trying not to get too close but their family is really happy to now have a new member that was born into the covenant, the first one in their family.

“Our opportunities to give of ourselves are indeed limitless, but they are also perishable. There are hearts to gladden. There are kind words to say. There are gifts to be given. There are deeds to be done. There are souls to be saved.''
--Pres. Thomas S. Monson

¡¡¡Les Amo Mucho!!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment