Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013

Ok! Now for the news of the life of Elder Daugherty in Nicaragua!! Breaking news for all those that saw what my hair was like, well I got it cut. The thing was that the mission doesn't give us very much money to use here and with me helping people to get married, I spent all my money very early during the month. Well with the help of my parents, I was able to take some money out to cut my hair! It is now short and mission standard!!

So lets start with the week! We were able to baptize another family last Monday. I don't have photos but it was awesome to be able to help another family enter into the right path that they need to follow to reach eternal salvation. We are so happy to be working with them and helping them progress. As a companionship, we have baptized for 7 weeks in a row. That is a record in the mission and our Mission Pres wants us to break the record he put on his mission of 13 weeks in a row. He has set a high bar for us and we want to reach it and overcome it if we can. Its alot of work that he wants to see from us but we will do everything we can in our power to do it.

So Wednesday, we had changes! Well nothing too big happened. I stayed in Tipitapa and I stayed with my companion. We now have about 3 months together and will probably end with almost 5 months together here in Tipitapa. So there isn't too much news on me or my area from changes.

We did have some big things happen this week though. We had a District Conference this weekend so we had to do alot of running around to get all the figured out. We had a goal to get 20 Men to get ordained to Elder by receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood. We worked super hard this week and all last week to get these men interviewed and ready to get the Melchizedek Priesthood. Well yesterday during the Conference, we had the chance to ordain 21 men to the office of Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood. It was a miracle that would not have happened without the Lords help! I love this work and the Lord and all the help He has given me and will continue to give me!!!

''Brothers and Sisters, wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love.''
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

!!Les Amo Mucho!!

Elder Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment